PermEco: our goals for 2020
PermEco Inc. is an incorporated not for profit organisation founded in 2012 as the Permaculture Research Institute Sunshine Coast Inc. We have had and continue to have a close connection with the Permaculture Research Institute Australia, but decided to change our name to PermEco Inc. in 2019 to expand our area of operations. The organisation was founded by husband and wife team Tom and Zaia Kendall. The organisation’s objectives can be found here. The organisation is run on the Kendall Permaculture Farm, an almost self sufficient Permaculture Farm in the Noosa Hinterland town of Kin Kin. The Kendall Permaculture Farm is a Permaculture Education and Demonstration site, offering education and training on site. We demonstrate and teach a number of interconnected permaculture systems onsite, such as biological resources, composting, biogas production, animal systems, plant systems, water management systems, energy creation systems and much more.
In line with the changes to the name and the increase in our objectives, we made the decision to run Permaculture Design Certificate courses and permaculture consultations / advisory services by donation only (pay what you can afford) to attempt to encourage more people to learn and use this information, which is so vital in restoring our beautiful planet. We have now reached a point where this information needs to go viral and must become the way people look at land management. Permaculture and methods of regenerative agriculture are vital solutions to the problems of today’s society and environment. We need more people on the land taking these solutions on board, however a lot of people who would like to work with these solutions are unable to afford a Permaculture course or education. To enable this information to be more accessible to everyone, we have the following goals for 2020:
- 2 residential and 1 weekend only (over 5 weekends) PDC courses
- Grant funded talks and workshops by people who work with regenerative agricultural practices
- Community building events and music workshops to uplift and create tighter communities
- Grant funded expansion of our operations, extending the use of different methods of regenerative practices
- Programs run in partnership with other not for profit community organisations to educate and train people in need at the Kendall Permaculture Farm
- Continuing research and case studies in different regenerative methods on the farm, and publishing results free on our website.
- Creating a community online through our website, by having a forum available for questions and discussions and by adding more free online courses
- Continuing to offer consultations / advisory services on a by donation basis
- Expanding the Syntropic Market Garden section on the farm.
- Improving the facilities for students and volunteers
These are the main goals for PermEco Inc. this year. We run primarily by donations, any financial support you are able to give us will be greatly appreciated and will support us reaching these goals and fulfil our objectives.
We are currently looking for volunteers and a farm manager to help us on the farm. We are looking for people who would love to live their life on a self sufficient farm and are not scared of hard work! Have a look at this video from late 2019, showing what our average day looks like…
We are excited about 2020 and see this year as an opportunity to increase people’s awareness of permaculture and other regenerative agricultural practices. You can support us by donating, doing courses and workshops with us, volunteering, asking us for a consultation on your property or by buying a food box from our syntropic market garden. We look forward to connecting with you this year!