PermEco: Permanently Productive Ecosystems
in a way that lasts or remains unchanged indefinitely; for all time.
producing or able to produce large amounts of goods, crops, or other commodities.
a biological community of interacting organisms and their physical environment / a complex network or interconnected system.
Permanently Productive Ecosystems.
PermEco Inc. is an incorporated, registered not for profit organisation founded in 2012 as Permaculture Research Institute Sunshine Coast Inc., to educate and train people in Permaculture, Sustainability and Self Reliance and to promote permanent sustainable practices. The name was changed in 2019 to PermEco Inc, (Permanently Productive Ecosystems), to broaden our area of operations.
Our goal is to promote permanently productive ecosystems and create a more sustainable planet by providing education and training in Regenerative & Holistic Agriculture, Natural Grazing Methods, Permaculture, Sustainability and Self Reliance, providing Advisory Services for Sustainable Environmental Development, conducting Research & Case Studies and organising Music, Arts and other community building activities in adherence with the three Permaculture ethics of Earth Care, People Care and Fair Share. We run programs in Regional Aid, International Aid, Education & Training, Research & Case Studies, Music & Community and the Kendall Permaculture Farm.
We are able to provide scholarships and free services through donations and other fundraising activities and provide a learning space, research and demonstration site at the Kendall Permaculture Farm in the Noosa Hinterland on the Sunshine Coast in Australia. We believe that:
Awareness is not enough: we must take action!
- To repair degraded, eroded and otherwise affected landscapes and ecosystems
- To consciously design and maintain agriculturally productive ecosystems to have the diversity, stability and resilience of natural ecosystems
- To harmoniously integrate landscape and people providing their food, energy, shelter and other material and non-material needs in a sustainable way
- To educate people in music & the arts and to promote community as part of the People Care Ethic and in line with providing people's non-material needs as above
- To educate people in Permaculture, Sustainability and Self Reliance
- To adhere to and teach the Permaculture ethics of Earth Care, People Care and Fair (Surplus) Share
- To provide scholarships when possible for disadvantaged people or projects in need, if proven they genuinely want to pursue Permaculture or Sustainable Regenerative Practices to make a difference on the planet and in their community
- To provide a space where people can see Regenerative practices, Permaculture, Sustainability and Self Reliance in action.