PermEco: Permanently Productive Ecosystems
in a way that lasts or remains unchanged indefinitely; for all time.
producing or able to produce large amounts of goods, crops, or other commodities.
a biological community of interacting organisms and their physical environment / a complex network or interconnected system.
Permanently Productive Ecosystems.
PermEco Inc. is an incorporated, registered not for profit organisation founded in 2012 as Permaculture Research Institute Sunshine Coast Inc., to educate and train people in Permaculture, Sustainability and Self Reliance and to promote permanent sustainable practices. The name was changed in 2019 to PermEco Inc, (Permanently Productive Ecosystems), as we wanted to broaden our area of operations.
We adhere to the 3 Permaculture Ethics of Earth Care, People Care and Fair Share.
We provide education and training in Regenerative Agriculture and Grazing methods, Permaculture, Sustainability & Self Reliance and advisory services for sustainable environmental development (Earth Care). We also promote Music, the Arts and other community building activities (People Care).
We aim to provide scholarships and free services (Fair Share) by raising money through running courses, training, workshops, events and other fundraising activities. In turn these activities raise awareness in participants of sustainable practices, thus encouraging more Earth Care, People Care and Fair Share.
We provide a learning space and demonstration site for people to learn these skills at the Kendall Permaculture Farm in the Noosa Hinterland on the Sunshine Coast in Australia. We believe that:
Awareness is not enough: we must take action!
Regenerative Agriculture advisory service
Permaculture, environmental & sustainability advisory service
Land and environment repair services
Implementation advice and planning
Ongoing project advice
Permaculture Design Certificate and Introduction to Permaculture courses
Permaculture and Regenerative Agriculture & Grazing methods training
Informative and Educational talks
Music, Permaculture and Regenerative Agriculture workshops
Permaculture & Music events
Financial assistance may be available by application
All paid for services will go towards the running expenses of the Not For Profit and assisting people and projects in need.
- To repair degraded, eroded and otherwise affected landscapes and ecosystems
- To consciously design and maintain agriculturally productive ecosystems to have the diversity, stability and resilience of natural ecosystems
- To harmoniously integrate landscape and people providing their food, energy, shelter and other material and non-material needs in a sustainable way
- To educate people in music & the arts and to promote community as part of the People Care Ethic and in line with providing people's non-material needs as above
- To educate people in Permaculture, Sustainability and Self Reliance
- To adhere to and teach the Permaculture ethics of Earth Care, People Care and Fair (Surplus) Share
- To provide scholarships when possible for disadvantaged people or projects in need, if proven they genuinely want to pursue Permaculture or Sustainable Regenerative Practices to make a difference on the planet and in their community
- To provide a space where people can see Regenerative practices, Permaculture, Sustainability and Self Reliance in action.