Amanda has extensive experience looking after chickens as she bred different breeds for several years. She now focuses primarily on providing housing for chickens in the form of domes which will be on display on site.
In the workshop she will discuss and show the following:
– Chickens’ role in a permaculture system (role, benefits, breeds)
– Creating rotational chicken cells, fixed and mobile. What are they for and how do they function?
– Fermenting food for chickens, what is it? How to do it? Benefits to chickens.
– Permaculture plants that provide food for chickens.
– Homegrown protein sources.